So at our house it is all basketball all the time…it is hard to say no when Little Man LOVES to watch basketball ~ any sport really! So today I was watching at Kansas got knocked off their high horse. I say that with love ~ because really no one should HAVE to lose, but these guys thought they had it in the bag and they get knocked off by a 9 seed. Aaron says that Bill Self just chocked but I don’t know karma has a wonderful way of biting one in the b*tt! Sorry to those of you whose brackets are now broken beyond repair.
Some cute things that the kids have been doing lately:
(1) “More peese” complete with the signs for more and please! Little Man started this one. He always wanted more to eat but was not asking for it just throwing a fit so we started to tell him with words AND the signs to ask for “more please.” At first it was very hit and miss but now we get “more peese” for everything….everything. The bonus is Little Princess gets it 100% and when she wants more of something does exactly what we showed Little Man and like him is so cute when she says it!
(2) They finally get that hot means you have to cool it down somehow…so they blow on anything that they think was even once hot. Food, the oven, any thing that they have been told “no no that is hot, don’t touch.” And they blow hard too! That is where Little Man got the great blow to help his dad blow out birthday candles!
(3) Little Princess has known what “NO” means for a very long time. She finally gets the head shake with the word “No” and now thinks it is VERY funny to tell me “no” many times a day and if I say “yes” she says “no” as if it is some sort of game! It is funny and so hard not to laugh ~ because usually this little exchange takes place when I say something like “It is time to go to bed.” So mama is working on being serious around her and laughing later!
(4) Little Princess can count to five out loud as well as with her fingers! That is mama taught…she insisted on learning the finger part (home schooling this one is going to be a challenge and a joy let me tell you). But while she does the counting Little Man is obsessed with the alphabet ~ as in he wants you to sing it over and over but when you are done he will give you a round of applause and usually conduct you as you sing it (I think he does that so daddy will some how sound better ~ as he always gives daddy a funny look when he is singing!) He knows MANY of the letters and can even recognize a few of them but cannot get more than a,b,c in order on a regular basis!
(5) And my FAVORITE ~ I am FINALLY mama, mommy or mom! They will say that when they look at pictures of me, say it to get my attention, etc… it took forever but it is music to my ears!
And the loves of my life watching march madness together:
Daddy’s attempt at a good picture of the three of them (daddy really has to be caught off guard):