(I never got a chance to send our 2011 Christmas Cards, I thought I would share the card with everyone here so all their fun was not in vain!)
Happy New Year!!! I am not sure I have ever been so happy to see a year gone as I am 2011. It will not take much for 2012 to be a better year but I am going to make a few goals to help me along this year! I figure the best way to make me try to reach them is to make them public. So here we go…
1. Last year a blogger I admire did 365 Love Letters to her daughter. I want to do the same for BOTH my children this year only because it is leap year it will be 366 Love Letters. This is a challenge for me in a few ways. The rules I am giving myself is the pictures for that week have to be taken that week, so that while I do not have to pick my camera up every day I do then have to pick it up at least once a week. Also, the pictures do not have to be of the kids, they can be of anything as long as a quote or saying or lesson I can give the kids for their life can be added. Also, while I want one set for Little Man and one set for Little Princess if the picture and/or saying works for both of them then I can use the same for both. I will not be posting these on this blog, but on my photography business blog. (Heart & Seoul Photography in case you missed out on that announcement)
2. I miss documenting the crazy things that Little Man and Little Princess do that make me laugh. I want to start blogging here more so my plan is to review my Facebook posts every Sunday from the Sunday through Saturday prior Nd write a post based on what I wrote there. I am sure until I get used to writing again these will be my only posts, but as I get more used to it again I will post more often.
3. I need a new me. I would love to have a trash the dress photography shoot in the snow since I was married on a beach but I cannot fit in my wedding dress anymore. I would love to not only fit in my wedding dress before the last snow fall this year BUT by the end of the year have the dress fall off me even when it is 100% zipped up. I am not so concerned with losing weight, as in watching the numbers fall off the scale but I would like a new dress size AND to see my blood pressure reading be high no longer (even though they tell me at the doctor’s office they would have high blood pressure as well if they had twins hehe I am pretty sure that has nothing to do with my high blood pressure.) I think I am going to try Weight Watchers points program so that if I don’t have to give anything up per say but I have to decide how important it is to me to be able to eat it. But I also need a program that encourages me to eat breakfast and excercise, so I am going to check out a few different programs.
4. Date night….yes after 3 years of one a year I think Aaron and I need one date night or afternoon a month. We found an amazing mommy of a friend of Little Man and Little Princess that I am happy to pay to have her watch the kids once a month so Aaron and I can have more time for us even if all we do if take a walk, or go shopping for gifts. It is time to focus on us again and this seems the perfect way and worth every penny! I am going to try to get the date on the books for every month in the next few weeks!
5. Lastly, I want to have more fun and stay positive this year. Last year went down hill very fast between Little Princess’ leg break and the issues with the house we lived in. In December we moved to a new house (almost literally….our old house was built in 1898 and the house we live in now was built in 2006). I pray that we are all happy and healthy this year and that good things continue to happen for us! But I want to see the good in everything even if it takes me a little longer to see it!
I hope that you had a great new year and that your goals for 2012 are what you need for you If you are still reading thank you!